Re: Developer repositories for Debian

On Sun, May 10, 2015 at 12:06 AM, Leopold Palomo-Avellaneda wrote:
> El Dissabte, 9 de maig de 2015, a les 09:23:26, Mechtilde va escriure:
>> Why can't you use people.debian.org for this?
> It's not an option for a non developer member. :-(

If you are a member of Debian, you have access to people.debian.org,
whether you are a developer or a non-uploading member. I guess you are
talking about people who are not members of Debian? If so, IIRC the
proposed PPA system is not for people who are not members of Debian
(except via sponsorship).

> mentors.d.o could help, but you must sent the binary

You can upload to mentors without sending binary packages, in fact
mentors ignores any binary packages (except it checks them with
lintian).

> So, I think that it could be very interesting for the project to have some
> kind of service, similar to ppa that:

Why is a service needed? Everyone who has a computer should be able to
install a Debian chroot or VM, build there, test the resulting
packages etc and publish them on their website.

The only thing a service would be needed for is non-x86 architectures AFAICT.

--
bye,
pabs

https://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise