Re: Packages to install be default for Stretch

On May 06, Ansgar Burchardt <ansgar@debian.org> wrote:

> Note that I believe this has changed over time: with the advent of VMs
> and containers the expectations what a system should minimally provide
> have become smaller.
The differences between VMs and "normal" servers are very small, limited
only to a few packages needed for hardware support and detection.
The differences between regular Linux systems and containers is large
enough that I do not believe that one default can satisfy the needs
of both.

--
ciao,
Marco