Re: Bits from the dpkg project: 1.17.x series, general news

Hi,

this:

Am Samstag, den 18.04.2015, 21:27 +0200 schrieb Guillem Jover:
> * Add support for versioned Provides [!]:
>   - Packages can provide a specific version, “virtual (= 1.0)” which will
>     be honored, previously it would just be accepted when parsing.
>   - Non-versioned virtual packages will not satisfy versioned dependencies.
>   - Versioned virtual packages will satisfy non-versioned dependencies.

is great. I assume that support for this needs to be added to more tools
and infrastructure. Any estimate as to when can we start using this
feature in packages uploaded to Debian unstable?

Greetings,
Joachim
--
Joachim "nomeata" Breitner