Re: setlocale doesn't change the language. Why?

Am Thu, 12 Mar 2015 09:29:01 +0100 schrieb Tomas Pospisek:

> /etc/locale.gen
>
> Also 'man locale'
> *t

OK, the package "locales" wasn't installed by the embedded distribution.

After installing locales and selecting "en_GB.UTF8" as default, my sample
still not use "de_DE.UTF8". So I've called dpkg-reconfigure locales and
chosen de_DE.UTF8 as a default. No I can switch to it.

But does that mean, that I only can switch between the default language
and none? It enhanced the sample to try es_ES.UTF8 without a reconfigure
locales and it doesn't work.