Re: vcs-lint (was Re: Misc Developer News (#38))

On Tue, Mar 10, 2015 at 10:28 PM, Jonathan Dowland wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 10, 2015 at 06:51:21PM +0800, Paul Wise wrote:
>> git tags not pushed to all remotes:
>
> Currently vcs-lint does this for origin only but I agree a check for all
> remotes would be useful,

Great :)

>> git commit/tag signing http://mikegerwitz.com/papers/git-horror-story
>
> to read

Basically, check tags and commits are signed with OpenPGP and or that
the git configuration for the current user or current repository has
enabled OpenPGP signing of tags or commits, via `git config alias.tag`
and `git config commit.gpgsign` or `git config alias.commit`. Then
some sort of heuristics about age/percent signed, git-svn etc to
determine when to complain about the issues.

>> mr status, which is basically these commands:
>
> To double-check but my intention for vcs-lint was for it to be useful via mr
> (so add a 'mr lint' to mrconfig), so I would probably steer clear of
> re-implementing stuff from mr.

I think it could be useful to more than just mr users so I'd encourage
you to duplicate the stuff from mr anyway. Maybe mr could run it as
`vcs-lint --no-status` or something if mr users don't want vcs-lint to
also output `mr status`.

I also think every VCS user should be a mr user :)

--
bye,
pabs

https://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise