Re: Misc Developer News (#38)

On Tue, Mar 10, 2015 at 6:25 PM, Jonathan Dowland wrote:

> Sounds cool. It could wrap vcs-lintı, not yet in Debian: I filed a bug
> to add it to devscripts 3 years ago², which has not yet had a response,
> but the tool has languished largely since then. I've recently started to
> give it some more attention so I'll re-try the devscripts maintainers in
> the near future.
>
> ı http://jmtd.net/software/vcs-lint/
> ² https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=677792

I have the following VCS related items on the TODO list for c-a-a-t,
if you would like to add those to vcs-lint get it into Debian, I would
be very glad to add a check for it to c-a-a-t.

git tags not pushed to all remotes:

  for remote in $(git remote) ; do
    comm -23 <(git tag | sort) <(git ls-remote --tags $remote | sed -n
'/{}$/d; s:.*refs/tags/::p' | sort)
  done

git commit/tag signing http://mikegerwitz.com/papers/git-horror-story

git/etc fsck

mr status, which is basically these commands:

svn status
git status -s ; git --no-pager log --branches --not --remotes
--simplify-by-decoration --decorate --oneline
bzr status --short ; bzr missing
cvs -q status | grep -E '^(File:.*Status:|\?)' | grep -v 'Status: Up-to-date'
hg status ; hg summary --quiet | grep -v 'parent: 0:'
darcs whatsnew -ls
fossil changes
vcsh run "$MR_REPO" git -c status.relativePaths=false status -s
vv status

--
bye,
pabs