Re: Getting multiarch fixes unstuck

On 09/03/15 14:16, Francois Gouget wrote:
> About a month ago I sent fixes to make a bunch of packages multiarch
> compatible.

You might have noticed that Debian has been in a freeze for the last 4
months: https://release.debian.org/jessie/freeze_policy.html

Multiarch'ifying libraries for Debian 9 is not maintainers' top priority
right now, and in particular, uploading these changes to unstable would
disrupt the release process. (Depending on the package, experimental
might be available, or the maintainer might already be using
experimental to stage orthogonal changes.)

> What can I do to help move things forward?

Help to fix release-critical bugs in jessie
<https://udd.debian.org/bugs.cgi>, so that it can be released as Debian
8, so that unstable is open for business again for Debian 9 changes?