Re: Fwd: Any way to apply patch on some archs only?

Excerpts from olivier sallou's message of 2015-01-29 06:20:46 -0800:
> Forgot to CC the list

I'd like to test this assertion as I don't know that many languages that
allow architecture dependent operations other than C/C++ and assembly
which is inherently arch specific.

Assertion:
If a language allows architecture dependent operations, it will give one
the ability to detect the architecture and diverge behavior for the sake
of correctness on all platforms. If it does not offer this ability, it
will likely suffer on all but the most popular architectures and thus
will eventually grow this ability.

Fair enough?