Re: length of a package extended description
On Thu, 15 Jan 2015, Vincent Lefevre wrote:
> I don't even see how it can work. Perhaps you need to explain.
• Take output of 「apt-cache show texlive-latex-extra」
• Replace all newlines with \x01
• Replace all “\x01\x20” with just a space (0x20)
• Replace all remaining \x01 back to newlines
⇒ this ensures all fields are one line only
• Sort that
• Display it with less, telling less to please not wrap lines
Is this explained enough?
«MyISAM tables -will- get corrupted eventually. This is a fact of life. »
“mysql is about as much database as ms access” – “MSSQL at least descends
from a database” “it's a rebranded SyBase” “MySQL however was born from a
flatfile and went downhill from there” – “at least jetDB doesn’t claim to
be a database” ‣‣‣ Please, http://deb.li/mysql and MariaDB, finally die!