Re: Who gets an email when with bugreports [was: Re: Unauthorised activity surrounding tbb package]

On Mon, 2015-01-19 at 08:37 +0800, Paul Wise wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 19, 2015 at 8:06 AM, Don Armstrong wrote:
>
> > I'm going to put together a bit more firm of a proposal in the next few
> > weeks, but I think that basically everything but nnn-done@ and
> > nnn-submitter@ should be no different from mailing nnn@, and until I
> > allow submitters to opt out of e-mail, mailing nnn-submitter@ should be
> > no different from e-mailing nnn@ either.
>
> I'd very much appreciate the ability to not be auto-subscribed to
> every bug so please do implement the opt-out thing, preferably before
> this change is rolled out.
>
> Personally, I think subscriptions should work like this:
>
> The default should be to auto-subscribe submitters and contributors to bugs.
[...]

No, this would turn the BTS into a (worse) spam vector.

But the acknowledgement mail should tell you how to subscribe, if you
aren't already subscribed.

Ben.

--
Ben Hutchings
Larkinson's Law: All laws are basically false.