Re: length of a package extended description

On 10 January 2015 at 17:27, Guillem Jover <guillem@debian.org> wrote:

> So, no, "fixing" the "translators tools" is not an option. Whether or
> not texlive-* packages are "too long" is a debate I already had with
> Norbert in the bug report he mentioned. He gave a rationale which
> doesn't entirely satisfies me....but makes sense and I decided that we
> both have better things to do than argue over this...:-)

I think fixing translator tools would be an improvement, because it
would reduce translator work in other situations too, by chunking the
description on long lists (and not necessarily just for godzilla-sized
ones :).

Since forever the DDTP project has always considered the paragraphs to be the "blocks" that people can translate. I can certainly see that in this case you don't need to see the surrounding context to be able to translate it, but is this always the case?

Not being a translator myself I'm not sure if it better to provide the whole chunk, and make the tool recognise paragraphs, or to split the lists into seperate chunks to translate seperately...

Have a nice day,