Re: Embedded systems and systemd

Hi,

On 29.11.2014 13:41, Alastair McKinstry wrote:

> I'm heartened that some developers are doing the work to make
> non-systemd remain a
> viable option in debian, but for it not to degenerate into "the systemd
> way / the less maintained
> and tested non-systemd way", we need to promote the APIs  and preserve them.

Indeed, and I'm fairly confident that we still have a large enough group
of maintainers interested in running traditional or alternative init
systems that we can pull this off by simply running the systems
ourselves and submitting patches, similarly to the way Debian ports are run.

That does mean that maintainers should integrate these patches, even if
they personally feel that this is a pointless exercise, because to other
people, it isn't.

Debian has always been great at choosing "both" when presented with two
options, let's keep it that way.

   Simon