Re: r-base-core upload to unstable does not respect freeze policy

On 11/11/14 15:55, Ian Jackson wrote:
> perhaps we should in general make more use of testing chroots for RC
> bugfixes to testing during the freeze.

For build-time dependencies, I'm not sure that actually helps very much:
the buildds for unstable take build-dependencies from unstable.

If you intend to ask the release team for permission and then upload to
testing-proposed-updates, then I think those do take build-dependencies
from unstable; but they also get virtually no testing, which is why the
release team are more restrictive about what they'll accept via t-p-u.