Re: free choice in installer?

On Tue, Nov 11, 2014 at 12:19:06PM +0100, Andreas Tille wrote:
From what research are you taking this generalisation?  All non-IT
experts I know (proof by counter-example) would be really happy to have
no choice but rather one single option which works.  You might also like

Of course, but the problem is that they don’t share the same opinion about the working solution. Or we wouldn’t have different editors, window managers, desktop environments, monitoring tools, etc.

to think about all those Win+OSX users who have no problem to accept
what they get.  I admit regarding init system I feel like them and

Well, that’s the reason why I’m using Linux because I don’t accept what I get with Windows. And if you have noticed the complains about the ribbon in Office or the Win8 GUI then you’ll see that Windows users don’t always accept what they get.

So please be careful to do generalised statements about "people" by
assuming that all people are thinking like you.

If you don’t want choices you can stay with Windows. There is no reason to make Linux like Windows.

Shade and sweet water!

	Stephan

--
| Stephan Seitz          E-Mail: stse@fsing.rootsland.net |