Re: Let's abandon debian-devel.

Hi,

Philipp Kern:
> Discussions should move to the appropriate venues (like bugs and focussed
> lists for subprojects, maintainance lists) instead of providing a soapbox of
> anger.

Hmm. We already have a bunch of focused lists for subprojects.

The problem with splitting it all up and disbanding d-devel is that we often
get generic questions / problems / what-have-you here – which may be
triggered by a problem with <package>, discussion of which usually occurs
on <list>, but the question is not actually _about_ <package> and actually
gets answered by somebody who isn't otherwise involved in maintaining it.

In other words, if we don't even hear each other, we can't listen.

I'd be in favor of a different approach: moderate debian-devel. Not the
content, but the list of people allowed to post. Pre-seed it with the
email adresses in our keyring and auto-add anybody who signs their email
with a key in our keyring.

I'd be willing to help.
--
-- Matthias Urlichs