Re: A concerned user -- debian Guidelines

On 11/10/2014 at 04:37 AM, Jonathan Dowland wrote:

> Dear Nathael,
>
> This is off-topic for -devel. Please consider debian-user or the
> offtopic list.
>
> On Mon, Nov 10, 2014 at 09:57:50AM +0100, Nathael Pajani wrote:

>> Other distributions may have chosen the easy single init way, but
>> Debian is not other distributions. And uniformity is not an
>> option.
>
> Debian has decided to support multiple init systems. Do you not know
> this? Have you been misled by the FUD? That's exactly what we're
> working on!

The trouble with this (line of) argument is that a large part of the
problem is that people disagree about the meaning of "support" in this
context, just as they disagree about the meaning of "default" in regard
to an init system.

Unfortunately, as far as I can tell, no one seems to be remotely
interested in trying to address or discuss that disagreement directly...
it only gets covered indirectly, in the midst of flamewars about the
broader topic. Which is far from an effective way to resolve the
question.

--
   The Wanderer