Re: Bad weather in testing ? (was: Re: inconsistent versions of M-A: same packages)

On Sat, Nov 08, 2014 at 12:39:41PM +0000, Holger Levsen wrote:
> Hi Ralf,
>
> On Freitag, 7. November 2014, Ralf Treinen wrote:

> > The issue of architecture=all packages that
> > are not installable on some architecture can IMHO not be solved with
> > our current setup which makes architectures=all available on every
> > architecture.
>
> The issue would become a non-issue if the "end user tools" (eg apt) would not
> show such packages as available, or?

Right. But what would be a good way to achieve this?

One possible way is to remove non-installable packages from the Packages
file, by having dak run dose-debcheck. However, I do not think that we
want to do this for sid, and even for a stable release we have to be
careful since there may be legitimate cases where we want to include
a package that is found to be non-installable. How does the release team feel
about this?

Having apt run dose-debcheck to filter out the non-installable packages is
not an option IMHO as it takes about 20-30 seconds to run on a desktop machine.

-Ralf.