jenkins-triggers (Re: inconsistent versions of M-A: same packages

Hi,

On Freitag, 7. November 2014, Johannes Schauer wrote:
> is jenkins not triggered by pushes to git and thus sub-optimal for jobs
> that should be run like a cron job?

jenkins can be triggered by many things, currently jobs on jenkins.d.n are
triggered

- time based
- VCS commit based
- after succesfull other jobs
- after other jobs

It's also possible (and done) to have several triggers. What's currently not
used are dependencies (eg: only run job A if job B was successful)

And, btw as its related: next up on my todo list is to add a small database
linking Debian BTS bugs affecting jenkins-jobs, so that triggered jobs can
silently abort if they are known to fail anyway due to some known+filed bug. I
just need to sit down and write a few lines of code to implement this... will
do so soon :-)

An idea which came up yesterday were triggers based on package uploads (or
testing migrations or..) but that idea is not even on my (jenkins) todo list,
though I can see how this could be very useful.

cheers,
	Holger