Re: inconsistent versions of M-A: same packages

Hi Johannes,

On Freitag, 7. November 2014, Johannes Schauer wrote:
> but was your original question not about debcheck checking for multiarch
> co-installability across architectures?

yes, this was just a btw-question on the side...

> I agree with Ralf, that this would best be done not by debcheck but by a
> small script which compares if the Packages files for all distributions
> ship M-A:same packages in the same version.

I'd happily run this script on jenkins.debian.net... if someone "gives it" to
me ;-)

> One interesting scenario for which to detect co-installability problems is
> when it comes to satisfying crossbuild dependencies.
>
> The following page is regenerated daily:
>
> http://bootstrap.debian.net/cross.html

cool, very nice!

> I have new hardware now, so I plan to extend the set of source packages
> that I check for crossbuild dependency satisfaction.

not sure what ressources you need, but maybe jenkins.d.n can also help here?
(or alternatively, jenkins can also be used to just notify about problems like
the d-i_overview* jobs from https://jenkins.debian.net/view/d-i_misc/ do...)

> Furthermore, a current "problem" of debcheck is, that it will only tell you
> one reason for non-installability but for fixing problems like this it is
> useful to have more than one reason to be able to parallelize bugreports
> and to better estimate how many packages are blocked by a certain
> multiarch problem. I'm currently working on an enhanced dose-builddebcheck
> version which will provide this functionality and when it's done, the web
> page above will show those additional problems too.

neat! I'm looking forward to see this in action! :-)

cheers,
	Holger