Re: More tasks option in Tasksel: what tasks do you want there?

Hi,

> At this point
> the only viable option is to uncheck everything, install as a bare base
> system and then deal with package inclusion post-install reboot.

This is also my experience. It's also something I repeatedly had to
explain to friends installing Debian, who had false expectations based
on this task selection.  They are often surprised to find Exim on their
system just because they checked "standard system utilities", or an NFS
server (which IIRC is installed unconditionally).
Having separate tasks for mail and NFS servers, would IMHO be a good
step in the right direction. I tried to find out what tools are pulled
in by "standard system utilities", but couldn't find the package in
aptitute.

"SSH Server" is the only task I consider actually useful. I don't have
"Laptop" installed on my laptop, as I don't need either acpi nor
pm-utils (since I'm on systemd). Also, what's laptop-specific about ACPI
or wireless-tools or pm-utils? Desktop computers can just as well have
wireless, or use suspend.

Kind regards
Ralf