Re: systemd, again (Re: Cinnamon environment now available in testing)

Hi,

Adam Borowski <kilobyte@angband.pl> writes:
> Ok, so let's quantify the view of sysadmins somehow.  This can actually
> be done in a meaningful way: let's count posts on places where
> technically-minded folks gather.

No, this is absolutely not meaningful. To deduce anything from this, you
would have to assume that the two variables "opinion about systemd" and
"likelihood to participate in flames about it" are statistically
independent. In my experience this is not the case and it certainly is
not an assumption you can "simply make".

Moreover, you would need to not count posts, but unique posters, which
will be a very hard to get, because in a lot of flames there are people
who get one spam-address after the other, when they get blocked, which
would further skew the numbers towards whichever camp has more
disrespectfull trolls.

Best,

Axel Wagner