Re: Reverting to GNOME for jessie's default desktop

On Fri, Aug 08, 2014 at 04:19:42PM +0200, Axel Wagner wrote:
> that just my anecdotal evidence. As is my suspicion, that the vast
> majority of people who actually chose GNOME for it's technical merrits
> over XFCE are not people who will ever be participating in really *any*
> flamewar, as they are the population who like for "just work" and are
> non-technical people. But well, yes, I have no numbers on this either,
> so it probably shouldn't count as an argument too ;)

At GUADEC Karen Sandler gave a talk (not yet available on video I
think). At the start of GNOME 3.0, she got *loads* of flack regarding
the change. In most recent conferences she attended, she actually was
surprised to see how many people were using GNOME 3 (there were loads of
hands going up). I don't attend many conferences (just FOSDEM + GUADEC),
but found it interesting. I think Karen went to loads of conferences.

Then there was the Linus thing. He mentioned hating GNOME 3, then
briefly after that mentioned switching back to GNOME 3 again. What do
people remember or think he's using atm? And regarding Linus, he also
gave us (somewhat deserved) flack during 2.x :-P

--
Regards,
Olav