Re: systemd now appears to be only possible init system in testing

Am 02.08.2014 04:11, schrieb Steve Langasek:
> Thanks for identifying these bugs.
>
> The only bugs still open on cgmanager are a pair of normal-severity bugs.
> What is blocking libpam-systemd re-adding the systemd-shim alternative
> dependency now?  It's not reasonable to withhold this alternative until
> cgmanager and/or systemd-shim are entirely bug-free by your reckoning.
> Users should have the option to install systemd-shim+libpam-systemd instead
> of systemd-sysv, even if that means there are some non-RC bugs.

systemd 208-7 has been uploaded re-adding support for making logind
D-Bus activatable and re-adding the alternative dependency on systemd-shim.

There is still one rather important bug [1] which needs to be adressed
in systemd-shim, but we uploaded systemd with the alternative
nonetheless as you requested. It is not the intention of the pkg-systemd
team to withhold any alternative.
I'm sure you'll deal with [1] appropriately.

Cheers,
Michael

[1] https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=756076

universe are pointed away from Earth?