Re: systemd now appears to be only possible init system in testing

Quoting Michael Biebl (biebl@debian.org):
> Am 25.07.2014 19:23, schrieb Steve Langasek:
> > systemd-shim 6-4 has now been uploaded to unstable with a dependency on
> > cgmanager, implementing the new post-v205 interfaces.
>
> I just installed systemd-shim 6-4 and cgmanager 0.28-1.
> Unfortunately the cgmanager package seems to be not quite ready yet.
>
> The init script fails with
>
> # service cgmanager start
> [....] Starting cgroup management daemon: cgmanagercgmanager: Failed
> mounting memory onto /run/cgmanager/fs/memory: No such file or directory
> cgmanager: Failed mounting cgroups
> cgmanager: Failed to set up cgroup mounts
> . ok

That was an upstream bug, should be fixed in 0.28-2.  The default of
having memory show up in /proc/cgroups but not be mountable was being
mishandled.

There was also mention of having a systemd unit linked to /dev/null to
not run cgmanager in systemd.  I assume that's what systemd itself would
actually prefer and I'm fine with it, but for the sake of supporting
nested containers it would be nicer if we could have it actually run
(for now).