Re: Override disparity checks (Was: Re: Transition plan for changing the default init system)

>>   * https://ftp-master.debian.org/override-disparity.gz
>
> This is not shown in the PTS, though. If we could get it to show
> up there, and maybe DDPO, that could help.

Indeed, it's in yaml format, so I guess it should be easy to integrate
it in PTS/Tracker. Any takers?

> MBF would probably not be... appreciated.

Yes, despite Policy §2.5 uses a "must", I don't think we should
mass-change overrides.
IMO, these should be handled on a case-by-case basis.

Looking more at it, it seems there are a lot of packages requiring
dependencies which are extra:

$ grep -E "^\s{4}" override-disparity | cut -d" " -f6 | sort | uniq -c
   4789 extra
      8 important
    131 optional
     17 standard
$

Looking at the policy again, I think extra is (mis)used quite too often.

Cheers,
Luca