Re: say goodbye to network-manager-strongswan?

On 07/16/2014 10:06 PM, Harald Dunkel wrote:
> On 07/16/14 15:17, Holger Levsen wrote:
>>
>> Especially if the NMU is properly done (eg documented in the BTS, uploaded to
>> DELAYED-foo, etc) I've hardly seen any complaints in recent years.
>>

> Surely I could have done better in providing a "clean"
> fix to #741415, making it more easy for the Debian folks
> to create an NMU. Sorry. I have included a real patch
> in the bug report today.
>
> I also tried to set the "patch" tag, but its not clear if
> this succeeded.
>

> Hope this helps
> Harri

Hi,

To try to kill your frustration, I have sponsored the upload of your fix
to the delayed/10 queue. If everything goes well, then in 15 days,
network-manager-strongswan will be back in Jessie.

BTW, it feels weird that the package build-depends on debhelper when it
really is using CDBS. The debian/copyright is also quite wrong, as it
doesn't include the copyright notice for the GPL v2 (and I believe
that's mandatory, right?). Not commenting on the fact that it's still
using the format 1.0 without debian/source/format file, etc. In other
words, I agree that this package is in the need for a bit more care.

I hope this helps,

Thomas Goirand (zigo)