Re: let missing-debian-source-format lintian tag be a warning!

On Jul 15, 2014, at 09:07 PM, Raphael Hertzog wrote:

>If quilt is the problem, aren't you more satisfied with tools like gbp-pq
>that lets you avoid quilt and use (rebased) git branches to manage the
>quilt series?

My one experience with this was not very successful, although I'm sure it was
pebkac, and yes I should have filed actual bugs if I found them (but was under
a crunch at the time).

IIRC, where I would normally apply a quilt patch, edit the file, and refresh
the patch, I always ended up with every modification as a separate d/patches
file, even though I thought I was rebasing it correctly.

Oh well - I'm curmudgeonly pretty comfortable with the svn-buildpackage set of
tools and workflows, which the DPMT still prefers.  I need to play more with
gbp and git-dpm, the latter which IIRC felt smoother.  Is there any emerging
consensus on which of the two git-based package development regimes is
"better" or "more popular"?

Cheers,
-Barry