Re: sysvinit is still here, and here to stay for jessie (was Re: systemd is here to stay, get over it now)

On Fri, Jul 04, 2014 at 09:52:07AM +0100, Philip Hands wrote:
> So, let me get this straight:
>
> You're saying that if, having decided to postpone rebooting after an
> upgrade where any reasonable person would expect to reboot

This is Debian, not Windows or Red Hat, forced reboots are not acceptable.

There was enough trouble when udev needed an in-lockstep upgrade with the
kernel a few releases back.  If systemd components are going to need such
forced reboots on a repeated basis, I don't like where this is going.

--
Gnome 3, Windows 8, Slashdot Beta, now Firefox Ribbon^WAustralis.  WTF is going
on with replacing usable interfaces with tabletized ones?