Bloody noob dumb question

Dear developers,

please allow me a question. As I am absolutely new in coding, please
apologize, if my question is too dumb.

So here it is:

I have the sourcecode of a little program (umtsmon), which has to be compiled
for libqt3. But now I want it make compilable for latest libqt. I want to
change nothing else, just make it compilable.

I get:

make
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt4/bin/uic src/view/newprofiledialog.ui -o
.ui/ui_newprofiledialog.h
uic: File generated with too old version of Qt Designer (3.3)
File 'src/view/newprofiledialog.ui' is not valid
Makefile:274: recipe for target '.ui/ui_newprofiledialog.h' failed
make: *** [.ui/ui_newprofiledialog.h] Error 1

And the first line in this (and other parts) is:

<!DOCTYPE UI><UI version="3.3" stdsetdef="1">

I guess, I have to change this, maybe. Please note, I am bloody new and just
want to play around a little bit! I have installed kdevelop, maybe there are
things easier with it.

If you find my question stupid, it is ok, but I know nobody whom I can ask. So
I asked the list.

Thanks for any answer!

Best regards

Hans