Re: How to avoid stealth installation of systemd?

On 02/07/14 20:39, Svante Signell wrote:
> Independent of Thorstens answer I (and many with me) find it very
> convenient to have these packages. And, there won't be 50 000
> foo-must-die packages. There is no such controversy with other packages,
> the ones I can think of might be prevent-gnome, prevent-network-manager,
> prevent-pulseaudio, and perhaps a few more, not 50 000! And this one is
> very important: systemd is default, not optional. Please upload these
> packages, and please ftp-team allow the uploads (when the name issue is
> settled).

I don't want KDE on my system. I don't install kde-must-die, I just look at apt
when I upgrade my system or install new packages.

I don't want XFCE on my system. I don't install xfce-must-die, I just look at
apt when I upgrade my system or install new packages.

I don't want many things on my system. I don't have lots of foo-must-die
packages installed. Instead, I just look at apt's output before confirming.

If looking at apt is too much work for you, then pin the appropriate packages.
We don't need any must-die packages in the archive, thanks.

[ Dropping the Cc on #747535 as that seems completely irrelevant. ]