Re: MATE 1.8 has now fully arrived in Debian

On Tue, 2014-07-01 at 13:01, Ondřej Surý wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 1, 2014, at 08:15, Stefano Rivera wrote:
> > Hi Matthias (2014.06.26_08:38:09_+0200)
> > > Of these, roughly 20% have switched to systemd. And they apparently did not
> > > and do not have any problem with it, otherwise we'd hear about it. Here and
> > > other places. Quite loudly.
> >
> > Not necessarily.
> >
> > My laptop won't boot with systemd, although other machines I have will.
> > I haven't filed a bug, because I haven't had the time to sit down and
> > learn how to debug systemd booting, and I wouldn't want to file an bug
> > until I know what's going on...
>
> Still - this is just anecdotic evidence that doesn't deviate from normal
> modus operandi of Debian packaging (e.g. most software has bugs).
> I think that what Matthias wanted to say is there is no massive breakage
> among users who has switched to systemd (and not that systemd is
> 100% bug free).

I switched to systemd on Asus transformer tf101 (ARM 32-bit) about one
year ago without any problem, and that device is not officially
supported by Debian nor it is tested. And I've built hackish 3.1.10
kernel for it and I have a lot of problem with that device but none is
related to systemd.
So, saying that the systemd is problematic does not 'keeping the water'
IMHO. It has bugs for sure but is there any non simple software without
bugs. I suspect.