Re: MATE 1.8 has now fully arrived in Debian

On 06/30/2014 05:43 PM, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 30, 2014 at 10:27:49AM +0100, Lars Wirzenius wrote:
>> On Mon, Jun 30, 2014 at 10:42:09AM +0200, Tollef Fog Heen wrote:
>>> ]] Thomas Goirand
>
> What's funny about an OS stating publicly that a specific piece of Free
> software---shipped and installed by default by that very same OS---"must
> die"?

Well, the package "kills" any instance of systemd in the system. So,
it's the package that is "stating publicly that systemd must die", which
is effectively what does the "systemd-must-die" package. It's absolutely
not the OS, or Debian that is doing this kind of statement.

Is everyone seeing evil everywhere each time there's the word "systemd"
mentioned, whatever the context? If people don't have humor, or may be
offended, then let's not use that name, but I don't think it helps.

> If anything, it encourages people to *make* fun of such an OS.

I don't think so. I think it encourages to be more easy going, and have
fun, but never mind. Let's keep Debian boring^W^Wportland weird. :)

Thomas