Re: Why Debian

> Why you choose to develop in Debian over any other distribution?

Because my contributions are respected equally, in most other
distributions my contributions will be treated second class, subject
to wishes of managers, even those who don't contribute technically in
that area. There was a concrete example when I tried to get emacs
installed by default when a user chooses my language (Malayalam),
because at that time only emacs terminal emulator could display
Malayalam correctly. But it was rejected because the desktop team did
not want to support another terminal emulator. It would have still be
acceptable if a manager working on i18n made that decision.

The reason I switched to Debian was when another distribution which
took everything from debian refused to contribute back something
better it developed. I want to spent my efforts on someone who treats
me as their own member rather than just free work.

I love democracy, where everyone has a say and have a chance to make
the changes they want rather than depending on someone.
--
പ്രവീണ്‍ അരിമ്പ്രത്തൊടിയില്‍
You have to keep reminding your government that you don't get your rights