Re: Why Debian

On Sat, Apr 12 2014, Alberto Salvia Novella wrote:

> Why you choose to develop in Debian over any other distribution?

        Because I could contribute. I looked at other UNIX like
 operating systems, and Linux, and then Debian, had the least barriers
 to entry for contribution. Why is being able to contribute important
 (apart from making one feel good -- which is a good reason, but too
 highly subjective to be of interest to most people)?  Well, it gives
 one a voice in how the distribution co-evolves with you. I can honestly
 say that after all the time I have been using it, now Debian works like
 my brain thinks and OS should :-)

        manoj
--
"Cats are smarter than dogs.  You can't get eight cats to pull a sled
through snow."  --Jeff Valdez