Re: Debian default desktop environment

Le lundi 07 avril 2014 à 23:55 +0100, Wookey a écrit :
> +++ Kevin Chadwick [2014-08-27 20:55 +0100]:
> > It also supports focus follows mouse, no raise on click
>
> I had forgotten, but this was the 'killer feature' that originally
> switched me to XFCE, and to a significant degree keeps me there. So far
> as I know gnome3, and unity don't support this (by design).

GNOME 3 is based on Mutter which has, AFAICT, all features Metacity
(GNOME 2) used to provide. The focus settings are not shown in the
control center, but you can use gnome-tweak-tool or the gsettings CLI to
change them.

The main problem in GNOME 3.4 with focus-follows-mouse is that it makes
the application menu (in the top bar) mostly unusable if you have to
move the pointer over another application to reach the menu. But the
application menu is not used much in 3.4, and the problem should be
fixed in more recent versions (the application menu doesn’t switch
immediately with the focus).

Cheers,
--
 .''`.        Josselin Mouette