Re: Debian default desktop environment

On Sat, Apr 05, 2014 at 12:55 +0800, Thomas Goirand wrote:
> On 04/04/2014 09:55 PM, Undefined User wrote:
> > <mailto:jmtd@debian.org>>:
> >
> >     We go over the same ground over and over. I'm increasingly in favour
> >     of *no*
> >     default. You must pick one from a list on install. Randomize the list if
> >     necessary.
> > Perfect solution.
> >
> > Debian installer should provide you information about desktop
> > environments and let the user choose it.
>
> There's only one problem with this approach: somebody has to actually
> implement it... [1]

> [1] And it's been years we're (uselessly) discussing it.

Yes, that is in fact the real problem thank you for stating that so
succinctly.

But wouldn't a nicer menu in the graphical installer with pictures or even
videos and a little text in both versions be worth it? If so then we have at
least an ideal to aspire to (even though nobody implements it) and if not
then we can move on.
--
Wolodja <debian@babilen5.org>

4096R/CAF14EFC
081C B7CD FF04 2BA9 94EA  36B2 8B7F 7D30 CAF1 4EFC