Re: one package altering other package's postrm

> Another solution proposed by jfs was to factor out the crontab command
> (which writes to /var/spool/cron/crontabs) from src:cron.

That may have trickled down from this mail :-)  (should I had CCed you ?)

I finally came up with a minimal setgid helper called by the python
script when non-root ;
but I'd still rather use original crontab. (they do on other distros)

> Having various cron daemon implementations follows from their differing designs,
> but there isn't much design to merely writing out a file to a specific directory securely.

I agree.

bcrontab does special magic and talk to it's deamon with a socket.

> TBH, I'd expect such a cron-base package to be provided by src:cron,
> which already ships these files.

That would be great !

> It's merely a matter of splitting the
> current binary package into two separate ones.

Or three, to take care of bcron-run quirks:

- cron-base : /etc/{ crontab | cron.d | hourly | daily | weekly |
monthly } : this would be used by all cron-daemons

- crontab : owner of /var/spool/cron/crontabs , /etc/cron.allow ,
/etc/cron.deny : this would be shared by cron & systemd-cron
                (the two files /etc/cron.allow & /etc/cron.deny really
belong to crontab, they are not used by the deamon)

- cron, that depends on cron-base & crontab

Regards,
Alexandre