Re: one package altering other package's postrm

Alexandre Detiste <alexandre.detiste@gmail.com> writes:

> Would it be OK / ugly / forbiden to do a
> "rm -f /var/lib/dpkg/info/cron.postrm"
> in systemd-cron preinst script ?

> This is needed to avoid that /etc/cron.allow & /etc/cron.deny disapears
> when cron is purged but systemd-cron still needs those. (from v1.5.1)

> In http://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/pkg-cron/pkg-cron.git/tree/debian/postrm :
> # if [ "$1" = "purge" ]; then
> #    rm -f /etc/cron.allow /etc/cron.deny
> # fi

Well, ideally this is something that should be coordinated with the cron
package.  How do the other cron replacements, like bcron, handle this?

It feels cleaner to me to have cron be aware that systemd-cron (or some
other package) has taken over those files, instead of making other
packages do edits of the package metadata.