Re: "general" bugs

On Ma, 09 dec 14, 10:36:41, Don Armstrong wrote:

> I don't particularly mind if we change it to have an "unknown package"
> pseudopackage instead of debian-user, but some list/someone would have
> to be the maintainer, and deal with triaging those bugs.

Ideally that would be debian-user, however, as far as I can tell even
some of the list regulars are not very familiar with bug triage, so I'm
afraid the burden might fall on just a few.

Another option would, of course, be debian-devel, but I'm afraid that
due to the big concentration of DDs the bugs might not be dealt with
(because many would think someone else will deal with it by the time
they finish writing the e-mail).

There's always unknown-package@qa.d.o, but as far as I can tell at the
moment I'm the only one actually reading it[1] and it currently[2]
receives more spam than bug reports.

How about giving it a try with debian-user and see how it goes?

[1] though some DDs do handle the occasional bug, probably via
debian-bugs-dist
[2] since #650386 was fixed, thanks!

Kind regards,
Andrei