Re: Technical committee acting in gross violation of the Debian constitution

On 27.11.2014 11:18, Martin Steigerwald wrote:

>> Desktops (not only GNOME) use a very tiny bit of systemd, interfaces
>> that could be provided elsewhere. The real purpose of systemd is to
>> provide a modern init system.
>
> I still wonder why there are provided within systemd then.

Same for me. If there really is some functionality which some DEs
really need, why not having an entirely separate tool for that ?

Anyways, I still didn't understand why udev is bundled within systemd.

cu
--
Enrico Weigelt,
metux IT consulting