Re: successful upgrade to jessie - thanks!

On Fri, 28 Nov 2014 20:55:42 +0100, Philipp Kern <pkern@debian.org>
wrote:
>On Fri, Nov 28, 2014 at 07:08:09PM +0100, Marc Haber wrote:
>> And this facing a mostly hostile upstream and a Fedora-Centric
>> community.
>
>I have observed a mostly hostile Debian community in recent months. I'm not
>sure if this jab at Fedora is particularly warranted.

On #systemd yesterday, it took a mere twelve minutes until I got the
first "maybe your distribution is broken" when I just wanted to debug
a faulty X server.

A few hours of reasearch later (which could have been a few minutes if
just the community would have been a bit more helpful) it turned out
they were right: We start kdm via an init script and sysvrc emulation,
and this does actually break the distinction between multi-user.target
and graphical.target.

I have yet to find out why runlevel3.target doesn't work either.

Thankfully kdm does still have an init script which honored a
strategically placed exit 0.

Greetings
Marc