Re: policy regarding redistributable binary files in upstream tarballs

On Thu, Nov 20, 2014 at 3:19 AM, Salvo Tomaselli wrote:

> Generic question. In my experience some upstream include some redistributable
> binary files. For example some binary stuff to create a .app on osX, minified
> javascript, and whatever.

Could you include some information about the upstream you are talking
about and the specific files you are concerned about?

> Should the upstream tarball be repackaged to remove them, or not?

I think the best solution is to send upstream some patches that remove
the files in question from the VCS and add commands to their build
system to build the files in question from their source.

--
bye,
pabs

https://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise