Re: Being part of a community and behaving

On Thu, Nov 13, 2014 at 2:02 AM, Bálint Réczey <balint@balintreczey.hu> wrote:
> Dear Josselin,
>
> I have just noticed your blog post on planet.debian.org:
> https://np237.livejournal.com/34598.html
>
> I would like to ask you to resist the temptation of publishing similar posts.
> It makes fun of part of our community which you are well aware of and
> it also shows corpses which probably did not ring a bell in you.
>
> None of those show good taste and by having it aggregated on
> planet.debian.org it shows the whole project in bad light, too.

I disliked the post because I felt like it would create an annoying
and circular discussion, possibly on debian-devel.

Well look what happened... we went through about 50 sometimes long
messages, and maybe (maybe!) five were useful (thinking about the
syslog-ng bug found).

Can we please stop? Active Debian developers are considering just
leaving -devel because of discussions like these.

Thanks,
--
Cameron Norman