Re: veto?

[Daniel Pocock]
> Would it be worthwhile giving people another option, for example,
> allowing a percentage of DDs to formally veto decisions?  Would this
> be better than people leaving outright?

That sounds like a pretty good description of either a GR, or the
Technical Committee.  We have both of those things, and they both work,
though not everybody is happy with them.

Do you mean, perhaps, that the Further Discussion option in a GR should
be weighted much more heavily than other options, so that it can beat
another option if only a few people rank it higher?  I am not in favor
of that.

Or perhaps you mean there should be an official platform where someone
can say, effectively, "Before deciding to do X, you should take into
account that I, someone directly involved in its implementation, will
not help because I'm not convinced X is a good idea.  Also, this may
demotivate me from related work Y and Z." But, well, anybody can
already say that.

Anyway... I don't really see people leaving because of a decision they
disagree with.  What I do see is people leaving for social reasons,
either changes in their own lives, or perceived social changes in the
Project.