Re: RFC: DEP-14: Recommended layout for Git packaging repositories

Thorsten Glaser writes ("Re: RFC: DEP-14: Recommended layout for Git packaging repositories"):
> On Fri, 14 Nov 2014, Ian Jackson wrote:
> > expect to find version numbers matching ^\d+\~, then anything matching
>
> These are common enough for me to have not only seen,
> but also used (in native packages, of course) them.

OK.  I think then that we should probably change our practice for
epochs in tag names.  The first thing would probably be to canvas the
views of the maintainers of existing git packaging tools.

Should I file bugs against all the known git handling tools which
encode this information, inviting them to comment on this proposal ?

(Is there a convenient list of such tools ?  On the wiki perhaps?)

Ian.