Re: RFC: DEP-14: Recommended layout for Git packaging repositories

> Hello,

Hello Raphael,

> following the initial discussion we had in August
> (https://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2014/08/thrd2.html#00499), I have
> written a first draft of the Debian Enhancement Proposal that I suggested.
> It's now online at http://dep.debian.net/deps/dep14 and also attached
> below so that you can easily reply and comment.

Thanks for this much-needed DEP!

[...]
>   QUESTION: some people have argued to use debian/master as the latest
>   packaging targets sometimes sid and sometimes experimental. Should we
>   standardize on this? Or should we explicitly allow this as an alternative?

I prefer as much standardization as possible. debian/sid should not be
a particular case.

[...]

A paragraph about repacked upstream is needed. A lot of packages are
currently stripped for minified JS, non-free additions, included RFCs,
... What would the upstream/1.x branch be then? Maybe add an
upstream/1.x+debian branch?

Also, the vendor/* branches heads should be at a descendent commit of
the corresponding upstream branch, diffing only by the debian dir.

Regards
--
Mathieu