Re: What is the policy on audio group? and, proposal of a new group for the jack audio server

On 11/11/14 13:04, Felipe Sateler wrote:
> I'm not sure if it is PolicyKit or a related service (old documentation
> suggests it was ConsoleKit, nowadays it should be logind?), but /dev/snd/
> * get ACLs added for the currently logged in users

Yes, that's exactly what I said a couple of mails ago :-)

It is indeed systemd-logind that does this now. It's a 2-stage process:
udev rules like /lib/udev/rules.d/50-udev-default.rules mark devices
that should be user-accessible with the "uaccess" tag during device
discovery (and sysadmin-written rules can presumably override the
defaults to remove that tag if necessary). Later, systemd-logind looks
for any devices with that tag and puts appropriate ACLs on them.

Older versions of udev and ConsoleKit cooperated to do something similar
with a "udev-acl" tag.

PolicyKit is not involved here.