some dev suggestions from oldtime user: /usr/src source packages, non-forced bootloader, even more simple base-install with no GUI installer seriously

Just installed debian on an old amd32 platform, it booted in 4-5 seconds !:)

debian + GNU base, love it

debian is one of the last dists to create a no fuzz installer, only installer that is tolerable to me

so I hope the baseinstall will be made even more non-gui in the future
and perhaps apt-get all-source to fetch all sourcecodes for all programs on the system

I miss gentoo like that, having all sources in /usr/src or such

with debian I have to manually apt-src when I find something I want to hack

but I would like to hack anything at any time, to have source for any program in /usr/src automatically
auto updated too

is this coming in debian 8.0 ?:)

fully populated /usr/src , would be so neat, any geek would get an orgasm just by hearing about it
and an option to not be forced to using grub as the boot loader in installer, before there was a lilo option that was easy to chose

I love the debootstrap program for debian too, takes 2minutes to debootstrap a debian onto a HD
like no other dist... keep up the good work!:)

can't live without debootstrap or debian base installs

if only I could get the last thing missing in life... fully populated /usr/src for easy hacking