Re: debootstrap and cdebootstrap vs systemd

For what it's worth, some of the boards I work with aren't emulated by
QEMU either.

However, for me that did not turn out to be a problem for chrooting into
my alien rootfs just to run apt/dpkg & friends.

Qemu only has to emulate a very minimal/"thin" CPU environment when
chrooting with binfmts, just enough to support a few kernel syscalls to
your host computer's native Linux kernel. I don't think qemu is doing
any peripheral/memory-layout/IO etc emulation when used like this -
those things (Eg. networking, file-system access) are provided by thin
wrappers to the host system's kernel, kind of like WINE.