Re: debootstrap and cdebootstrap vs systemd

On Thu, Nov 06, 2014 at 11:14:10PM +0100, Simon Richter wrote:
> I've run into a bit of a problem building a root filesystem for an ARM
> system where the kernel shipped by the vendor is 2.6 based. As systemd
> does not work there, I tried installing a sysvinit based system using
> --include and --exclude to (c)debootstrap.
> In short: this does not work.

You can chroot to the system from the host machine, and upgrade to sysvinit.
If your host can't run arm code, install qemu-user-static and copy
/usr/bin/qemu-arm-static to the target system.

--
// If you believe in so-called "intellectual property", please immediately
// cease using counterfeit alphabets.  Instead, contact the nearest temple